About Government/Agency Bonds
Inflation-Protected Securities: Contents
- What you should know
- The U.S. Treasury Market and TIPS
- Potential Benefits for Investors
- Potential Investors
- Summary of the Structure and Index
- An Example of How TIPS Work
- The Index
- General Tax Treatment
- Investment Considerations
- Sale and Issuance of Inflation-Indexed Securities
- How can I buy TIPS?
- Are there other inflation-indexed securities available?
All information and opinions contained in this publication were produced by the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association from our membership and other sources believed by the Association to be accurate and reliable. By providing this general information, the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association makes neither a recommendation as to the appropriateness of investing in fixed-income securities nor is it providing any specific investment advice for any particular investor. Due to rapidly changing market conditions and the complexity of investment decisions, supplemental information and sources may be required to make informed investment decisions.